The Lemosho Glades route, like the Machame route, is a camping only option. It traverses the mountain on arguably the most beautiful side for 8 days. From the trailhead at Lemosho Glades, you will trek through the rainforest on trails that are overgrown in places with rich flora and fauna. This quiet route leads us up into the moorland zone of the Shira Plateau. The views from the plateau, across the mountain and to the plains below, are nothing short of spectacular. Then, you will traverse the southwestern flank of Kilimanjaro, climbing as high as 4,500m, before contouring below the spectacular Western Breach, and descending to Baranco Camp to spend the night at 3,900m. From here, the southern icefields come into view as we climb the Baranco Wall, a steep 300m climb which wends its way up a trail, without being exposed, nor precipitous, to eventually level off and give views of the Heim Glacier on the mountain’s south face. The route continues eastwards underneath the Decken and Rebman Glaciers to Karanga Camp, from where we consolidate our acclimatisation with a short day to Barafu Camp, our springboard for the summit. The dawn ascent of Uhuru Peak – the highest point in Africa – will be the toughest day that most people have ever experienced. On our final day of trekking, we descend to Mweka Gate.
$2000 Inclusive of:
- Transfer to and from your hotel to the Mountain Gate
- Mountain Equipped (Mountain Hard Ware) tents and camping gear
- Compulsory park and rescue fees
- Camping accommodation fees for 5 nights
- All cooking equipment required for the trek
- Professional mountain cook
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner 6 days
- Porter Allowance
- Professional guide
* Please note transportation costs to and from Peace Matunda as well as items of personal nature like alcohol, energy snacks, as well as gratuities for guides, cook, and porters as separate costs that vary on an individual basis.