Duration: 6 days
Total Hiking Distance: 65km
The Marangu Route is one of the most popular routes up Kilimanjaro, as well as the oldest and quickest ascent. It adds a touch of luxury to the climb by allowing you to stay in huts rather than in tented accommodation, as with the other routes on the mountain. The route termed the ‘Coca-cola Route’, is a total of 65km. The short, beautiful, but steep trail starts at the Marangu Gate ascending on the first day to Mandara Hut, 2774m. On the second day you will climb up through the thinning rainforest to the grasslands and on to Horombo Hut, 3720m. Spend the third day at Horombo hut as an acclimatization day, taking time for a number of beautiful walks to further increase your body’s acclimatization. Day four will bring you to Kibo Hut; the camp from which you will conquer Africa’s highest mountain. Day five will be a very early start (12 hours) allowing approximately 7 hours to Uhuru peak. You will then descend back to Horombo Hut. Day 6 will be the last day of your descent back to the Marangu Gate.
$1800 Inclusive of:
- Transfer to and from your hotel to the Mountain Gate
- Mountain Equipped (Mountain Hard Ware) tents and camping gear
- Compulsory park and rescue fees
- Camping accommodation fees for 5 nights
- All cooking equipment required for the trek
- Professional mountain cook
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner 6 days
- Porter Allowance
- Professional guide
* Please note transportation costs to and from Peace Matunda as well as items of personal nature like alcohol, energy snacks, as well as gratuities for guides, cook, and porters as separate costs that vary on an individual basis.