7 Days featuring: Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Lake Manyara, Peace Matunda
Simba is the Swahili word for Lion, this is our most popular safari of the northern circuit. Spend three days in the Serengeti, scanning the savannah for prides of lions resting or hunting. Watch for a few basking in the sun on top of huge rocks, a scene straight out of Disney’s Lion King. Also keep an eye out for leopards, buffalo, elephants, giraffe, zebra, cheetahs, monkeys, impala, and a number of other wild animals. Travel on to Ngorongoro Conservation Area driving past traditional Masai villages and tall Masai men herding their cattle over the rolling hills. Descend 800 meters for a day game drive into the Ngorongoro Crater, one of the natural wonders of the world, having one of the highest concentrations of game in Africa.
On the last day make the final stop in Lake Manyara, the only place in the World that lions climb trees! If you’re lucky you will find one, or a few, lounging in the treetops above your safari truck! Otherwise the park offers countless vervet, monkeys and baboons as well as giraffe, zebra, and elephants. After the safari spend a day relaxing at our project, Peace Matunda School and Orphanage, to learn more about the Tanzanian and Meru cultures. Spend a day visiting the Lodemi waterfall, learning to make local coffee, and tasting traditional food.
$2100 Inclusive of:
- Professionally trained and qualified wildlife guide
- Comfortable 4×4 Safari Truck for game drives
- National Park Fees
- Accommodation 6 nights (4 tenting, 2 at Peace Matunda)
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snacks 8 days
- Professional safari cook
* Please note transportation costs (airport pick up and drop off) as well as items of personal nature like alcohol as well as gratuities for the cook and guide are separate costs that vary on an individual basis.