Volunteer Programme Fees
The volunteer programme fee includes shared accommodation and bathrooms (with hot showers!), 3 meals per day, and safe drinking water. A volunteer visa in Tanzania costs $250USD (every 90 days) and is included in the volunteer programme fee.
Taking into consideration the rural environment in which Peace Matunda is situated, our facilities are very generous and well functioning. However, we cannot guarantee 100% efficiency at all times and ask volunteers to understand and be prepared for power outages.
The prices quoted below are in USD:
- 2 week stay: $900 ($450/week)
- 3 week stay: $1,200 ($400/week)
- 4 week stay: $1,340 ($335/week)
- 5 week stay: $1,425 ($285/week)
- 6 week stay: $1,560 ($260/week)
- 7 week stay: $1,680 ($240/week)
- 8 week stay: $1,760 ($220/week)
- 9 week stay: $1,890 ($210/week)
- 10 week stay: $2,000 ($200/week)
- 11 week stay: $2,145 ($195/week)
- 12 week stay: $2,280 ($190/week)
*Note that volunteer programme fees do not include the price of an entry visa into Tanzania (Tourist Visa) as the price of a visa varies by nationality – this is a separate visa from the Volunteer Visa (which is included).
All of these costs are optional but we recommend you consider these in advance as many will be beneficial to your stay here in Tanzania.
Transport / Pick-up (recommended):
We will meet you personally upon your arrival in Tanzania at your choice of destination and bring you to Peace Matunda.
- $100 for pick-up and drop off at Kilimanjaro Airport
- $70 for pick-up and drop off at Arusha Airport
- $40 for pick-up and drop off at Arusha bus station
Language and Culture Week:
A Language and Culture Week is offered for those who wish to start their stay in Tanzania with an introduction to Tanzanian culture and the Kiswahili language. During this week you will also learn about the Arusha region through excursions in the area. The aim of the language and cultural week is to offer you the best experience possible in the time that you’re here. During these excursions you will get the chance to interact with the locals and see first hand the ‘real Africa’.
This five-day package costs $250 in supplement to your volunteer programme fee and includes:
- 5 hours of Kiswahili lessons
- A Tanzanian cooking class
- Excursion to Arusha city
- Excursion to Tengeru local market
- Excursion to Lake Duluti and Lodemi waterfalls
- Shared accommodation and access to all of our facilities
- 3 Meals per day prepared in the volunteer house and safe drinking water
Laundry service: updated soon!
Internet/Wifi: updated soon!
We welcome applications from everyone! If you are interested in applying for our volunteer programme or have any additional questions please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Happens After Registration?
Once you have completed the application and your volunteer placement has been confirmed, we will send you an orientation package in order for you to prepare for your trip. This orientation package contains information such as basic facts about Tanzania and Arusha, packing list, vaccinations guidelines, weather descriptions, arrival/departure information, in-depth information about the life at the orphanage, visa procedure and everything else you need to know before coming to Tanzania. You will be asked to pay a non-refundable deposit of $200 when your placement is confirmed. The rest of the volunteer fees are due 3 weeks prior to the programme start date.
We hope that you decide to join us! Karibuni!